Dear AGF Church members,
We have been blessed with an opportunity to volunteer and minister to the female residents at the Norma Herr Women’s Shelter in Downtown Cleveland!
Norma Herr Women’s Shelter is located at 2227 Payne Ave, Cleveland, Ohio 44114. The facility is operated by the YWCA of Greater Cleveland and houses approximately 200 women. After accepting a board position with the YWCA, I had the pleasure of touring the shelter with Director Ronnettea Williams. We discussed volunteer opportunities for AGF Church.
After presenting the volunteer opportunity idea to Pastor Daryl and Sister Tanya Harris and the AGF Health Ministry, our congregation was given the green light move forward with this opportunity to minister/volunteer to the ladies at Norma Herr Women’s Shelter after church services on Sun., September 23rd from 3pm to 6:30pm.
We need the assistance of as many church members as possible for the following:
- Donating and assembling toiletry items to be placed in goodie bags and passed out to shelter residents
- Donating gift cards to Target, Walmart, Giant Eagle and Dave’s Supermarket
- Donating gently used clothes, shoes and handbags
- Purchasing baked goods or baking items for the event
- Purchasing lemonade, tea, and soda for the event (dinner will be provided by another organization.)
We will need volunteers for the following:
- Praise Dancers to perform
- Choir to perform
- Make-up artists to do make-up application
- Hair Stylists
- Doctors, Nurses, Dentists, Health Care Providers to conduct screenings for (blood pressure, eye care, foot care, dental care, counseling services, skin care, etc.)
- Financial planning/money management, Interviewing skills training, etc. volunteers
- Pastor(s) will be asked to deliver a brief message from the Word
There will be a brief meeting after church service on Sunday, August 19th at 1pm (in the AGF Cafe) to brainstorm on additional ideas and garner support. PLEASE SUPPORT THIS MISSION AND BE A BLESSING!
A sign-up sheet will be placed at the welcome desk in the lobby.
Thank you for your support and for being a blessing to those in need!